Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things About Leslie


1. My experience of Eric serving in Iraq made me (oddly enough) a better, more grateful American.

2. Whenever I emotionally eat, I pretend I’m someone famous.

3. People who use their creative talent to create messed up movies like SAW sadden & disgust me.

4. In order for me to pray, I have to “write” it. In church I’m sure it looks like I don’t care, cause while people are talking/singing/whatever I’m writing in a small notebook.

5. I was the first girl to play little league hockey in my hometown of Dubuque, IA.

6. I LOVE the movie “Grease 2”and know all the lyrics to the songs.

7. When I was 11 I played “Toto” in the Barn Community Theater Children’s production of “The Wizard of Oz”. At the time I thought it was so cool and that I was a star, I had a thick fuzzy costume, tons of stage time and had my own little cooler of Capri Suns backstage (directors fear of dehydration - the cowardly lion had his own too). Later on as I was going through a rough patch of puberty I realized I was playing a dog....and was embarassed for many years afterward and did not openly admit or talk about it.

8. In 6th grade I bought Chippendales playing cards from a Spencers store in the mall and my mom confiscated them, shunning me for being a degenerate.

9. I didn’t like my Dad till I was about 30 years old.

10. I kinda want to run another marathon.

11. Half the things I say aloud I wish I could take back.

12. In 1998, I had a 15 minute conversation with actor George Clooney. Just him and me. He’s a really nice guy.

13. I HATE, no....LOATHE dealing with the United States Military.

14. Within a certain circle of friends my nickname is SHREDDER.

15. I was fired twice in my lifetime. Once for not having enough computer experience, and once for being too harsh to my students. Big effing babies.

16. I know all the words to the Kenny Roger’s song, “The Gambler”.

17. In college, I attempted to be bulimic but crapped my pants on laxatives.

18. The only fan letter I ever wrote was to Wayne Gretzky. He wrote me back.

19. I attended Game 2 of the World Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees. I went for free.

20. My favorite food of all time is Chocolate Milk.

21. I didn’t vote this year. My first time ever. Neither candidate inspired me and my heart was heavy about it.

22. I never would have gotten a scuba diving license if it weren’t for Eric. I merely wanted to impress him.

23. I LOVE the card game Euchre, (typically an old German mans game) and would like to play in tournaments.

24. I hope I never see again any of my ex-boyfriends except one.

25. One "single-girl" Valentine's Day years ago, I once ate an entire roll of Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - and got EXTREMELY SICK.

0 comments: