Monday, February 9, 2009

My Battle With Banana Bread


I did it. I fought Banana Bread and won.....I WON!!!!!!

All the burnt loaves, all the nasty smells that came out of my kitchen.....all the "raw" middle sections that wouldn't cook while everything around it blackened. Eric fought me endlessly as I would throw countless loaves into the trash and he'd reclaim them.....but this time I did it.

This recipe is healthy, delicious, moist and flavorful. It cooks all the way through!!!! I pass this recipe on to you, this cumulation of trials and errors and various gives and takes of recipes past...and enjoy it so that you do not have to suffer as I did.

Leslie’s Triumphant Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS

• 3-4 ripe bananas
• 11/2 cups whole wheat flour
• 3/4 cup Raw Agave Nectar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 cup applesauce
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg


DIRECTIONS

Mash up bananas and add to all ingredients
together in one bowl. Mix well. Pour into a greased & floured loaf pan.

BAKE at 325˚degree for 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. Enjoy!

SUBSTITUTION: If no Raw Agave Nectar, use 1 cup sugar and set temperature at 350˚ degrees.

0 comments: