Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why my blog has it's name


Have you ever heard of burning lasagna? I never have. Ever. Every single dish of lasagna I've ever seen has been perfect. Creamy, cheesy, gooey and delicious. Every single dish. I even got this recipe for CROCK POT LASAGNA....I didn't even think it was possible to burn something in a crock pot. It is. A crock pot is essentially an adult version of an Easy Bake Oven.....right? Just a stronger light bulb at the bottom? Or there are three light bulbs....WARM, LOW and HIGH.

I burnt lasagna....in a crock pot. How effed up is that?

To make matters seem even more heartbreaking, it was the first meal I made my medal-decorated husband home from his year-long tour of duty in Iraq. Crap. The house REEKED of....burnt. A HUGE BOWL of burnt.

Being a great husband, he offered to eat it. Nasty. No way....I threw it out and we ordered Pad Thai from down the street. Ate it while happily watching Family Guy within a gray looming fog of burnt stink. Crap.

That tends to be my life.....things that seem incredibly easy for most people....for whatever reason....when I try it tends to turn into the biggest pile of comedic crap you've ever experienced. So....might as well write about it. Maybe people have experienced burnt lasagna before. Not me. In my head it's always warm and tomatoey and yummy. Then I tried to make my own.

A few days later, talking to my mom....she told me that "sometimes crock pots can run hotter than others."

Note to self.


0 comments: