Monday, November 24, 2008

Girlfriends over 30


I LOVE my girlfriends since turning 30. I'm blessed to have a TON of them. All walks of live. Married, unmarried, divorced, kids and no kids, straight and gay, strong and spiritual.

We've made it through our awkward childhood and bullshit 20s and all the disastrous insecurity and miserable mistakes that come with it..... mistakes that need to happen of course but would never want to be relived. We survived to grow into our now powerful selves. We've accepted who we are, and even celebrate it.

I love....LOVE being a woman over 30 years old.

Conversations with my 30+ girlfriend tend to sound like this.

• I'm spotting again

• You need a new gyno

• Samantha has THRUSH

• Spend a little more and get the better bra

• My husband hit my Cervix last night

• How do I get lipstick out?

• Help me decorate my bathroom

• Can I make pesto less-fattening?

• You DO NOT need another purse

• I'm not certain "what is next" in my life

• We need to take Stella to see Mickey Mouse

• Let's go to an early movie cause I'll need to "empty out my breasts" by 10PM

• I have a great recipe for Lentils

• Kendall Jackson is on sale for $6.99 at Binnys


I truly ADORE these women and this life....bravo to you all for you are my heroines.

2 comments:

Liz V, www.livingtheology.net said... at December 3, 2008 at 12:38 AM

Hey girl! I have been thinking of you and your now at-home hubby. And i just found your blog - love it! I even know which comment in here was for me :) hee hee. Your concept of burnt lasagna for the name is so Leslie-ish - comedic, honest, probing for more, taking what is - I love it. Keep up the writing and thinking and laughing, I'm a fan!

Liz V, www.livingtheology.net said... at December 3, 2008 at 12:39 AM

(whoops - that last comment was from me - the mom who needed the early movie, Liz V) :)